|Job Ref:||204766580||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems development looking for a highly capable and adaptable Software Project Leader. MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world - we are looking for a software group leader to work with us to develop and deliver the next generation of products whist maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
- The role is based at our Bristol development facility and you will be providing leadership and direction to a software team primarily operating in a Human Machine Interface domain.
- This is a people management role in which you will have responsibility for ensuring that software development teams support both from a project perspective and a software function perspective.
- In particular the role will require responsibility for the following:
- Provide oversight for technical support and fix responses to technical issues.
- Working with the Software Project Leader monitor cost at completion / budgets on each project.
- Manage and analyse risk(s) and opportunities to ensure group domain delivers its project(s) accountabilities.
- Build proposals in response to requests for work packages (technical/cost/risks).
- Work with the Software Project Leader to drive projects forward and improve project performance where required.
- Support the Head of Mission Planning & Control Software in developing relevant skills and capabilities for the function.
- Support software function initiatives within the assigned software group.
- Perform annual appraisals and reviews including the setting of objectives for the software group.
- Ensure that the software development teams are supported and be involved at varying levels across projects for support.
- Work closely with the Head of Mission Planning & Control Software in forming and implementing the strategy and direction for the software function.
- You will be required to produce a monthly report for the Head of Mission Planning & Control Software.
What`s in it for you?
- This is a new software group that is being formed and is a great opportunity for someone to form an organisation for successful delivery.
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern systems. You will be working with technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of the methods and tools we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration, and consequently there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues, both within the UK and at our development sites in France and Italy.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a diverse range of products and technologies
What`s great about the team?
You will be joining and leading a team that continues to develop software used in the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with and developing a talented group of experienced software engineers.
What are we looking for?
- You will have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- You will ideally have a degree in an engineering, science or maths discipline combined with significant experience in the development of product software.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others in order to reach, or exceed common goals and objectives. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate and -influence others is essential.
- Ideally, you will have extensive experience delivering software developments successfully and demonstrate a high level of technical competency in the field of software engineering.
- We invite applications from people who have experience gained from working in defence, automotive, aerospace or consumer electronics sectors. Similarly, applications are invited from those currently working in small/medium-sized enterprises where there is a strong culture of consistency applied in a lightweight manner.
- It is desirable that you are able to achieve DV level security clearance.
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)