|Job Ref:||204766576||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Andover||Address:||Post Code:||SP10||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
Demob Job Reference: J2688|
Job Title: QSHE Manager
Location: Andover, Hampshire
Salary: Attractive Salary
Closing Date: Friday 14 October 2016
Our client is a well-established company specialising in the installation, maintenance and commissioning of Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) and generator systems for critical power. Our client now has an urgent requirement for a QSHE (Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental) Manager to join their existing team in Andover, Hampshire. The successful candidate will support all employees to ensure that the business meets its legal requirements and corporate objectives in all safety, quality and environmental aspects.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF), British Army and / or has previous knowledge within a similar role.
- The successful candidate will ensure the company maintains standards complying with OHSAS 18001.
- Carry out regular periodic audits of operational practice.
- Arrange/carry out and lead HSE inspections, sampling, monitoring/tests in order to assess compliance and non-conformances and establish trend data performance.
- Lead or assist with risk assessments, accident and incident investigations identifying hazards and unsafe practices.
- Deliver in-house health and safety training and to educate correct personnel in best practices and requirements.
- To act as the "Responsible Person" to ensure all legal requirements set out are understood and compiled with.
- Maintain all necessary recording and reporting documents.
- Organise statutory and safety training so that arrangements are in place and agreed, to ensure that scheduled attendances occur.
- Carry out regular audits, inspections, tests and assessments as required.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Previous working in Health and Safety, QA and Environmental related functions at Management level.
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety practices possessing IOSH and/or NEBOSH certification.
- CSCS Card, Gas Safe registered (Gas Engine), 17th Edition, PASMA low level access.
- Experience in the safety in the installation and use of gas systems and appliances.
- Evidence of relevant continuing professional development.
- Trained and experienced auditor of management systems of ISO 14001, 9001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Demonstrable track record in leading and delivering projects, objectives and services within deadlines and to agreed targets/performance indicators.
- IT Literate.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Profit Share Scheme.
- 20 days holiday + statutory days, holidays rise with service.
- Opportunity to join an established company