|Job Ref:||204766508||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||West Sussex||Address:||Salary:||£23000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
My client is a global organisation who are looking for maternity cover for a commercial assistant|
This role is due to commence in Oct or Nov so you will need to be immediately available or at short notice.
You will report directly to the Contracts & Commercial Manager for the day to day operations
• the proposals/quotations for the UK and export sectors
• the processing of orders received on the system
• providing a point of contact for Customer enquiries
To assist with the management of global export authorisations and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Preparation and submission of commercial proposals and quotations including payment arrangements and commercial response and obtaining internal approvals as appropriate in accordance with company procedures.
2. Assist the Contracts & Commercial Manager with securing follow on business and the
achievement of company order intake, sales and profit targets.
3. Maintain company registers for quotations, orders and export control.
4. Chairing contract and proposal reviews in accordance with internal procedures.
5. Draft and submit export licence applications in accordance with both UK and US regulations.
6. Preparation of and issuing of import and export Customs declaration of freight agents in accordance with the import and export approvals to ensure compliance with customs duty & VAT control requirements and UK and US licensing requirements.
7. Preparation of export documentation for freight deliveries and hand carry of equipment outside the UK.
8. Input of import and export shipment details into registers ensuring that record keeping requirements are met.
9. Management of trade compliance requirements for visitors and employee's foreign travel.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
1. A level or higher standard of education.
1. Analytical and methodical
2. Good communication skills
3. Attention to detail
4. IT proficient
5. Team Player
6. Good standard of written and spoken English
7. Experience of Microsoft suite of office programmes
8. Knowledge of export and shipping procedures
9. Experience of international trade