|Job Ref:||204766414||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
System Design and Validation (SD&V) are responsible for undertaking overall Weapon System and Missile systems design activities within the UK. These activities provide a consistent systems engineering approach to all stages of product development; from concept to in-service support.
System Design Engineers provide the main technical focus for our primary development projects and major sub-systems contracts and interface with both our customers and suppliers on technical issues.
The design team have a proven track record in developing complex weapon systems to meet demanding customer needs, making use of new technologies and methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
- In Stevenage, SD&V engineers hold integral roles within all Land, Sea and Air based Weapons System products, as well as being involved in Future Systems and Technologies. The work covers all stages of the product lifecycle across a wide range of projects. We currently have opportunities, in the following areas:
- Requirements Specification and Design - carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, preparing specifications and developing designs
- Systems performance analysis
- Systems Architecture
- Concepts studies, research and development
- Systems Validation - including certification and design verification
- Design activities within the Customer Support Services (CSS) environment
What will you be doing?
- Requirements Specification and Design - carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, preparing specifications and developing designs.
- Concepts studies, research and development.
- Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications.
- Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements.
- Development of system-level test sequences.
- Liaise with MBDA European counterparts, where appropriate to project, to maintain a coherent system design.
- Liaise with subsystem teams, to ensure design proposals take into account existing design constraints.
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) - increasingly adopted within MBDA`s System Engineering domain.
- Supporting safety, security and reliability aspects of projects
- Support customer working groups as required.
What`s in it for you?
Working in SD&V you will experience a wide range of system activities enabling you to develop your systems thinking. There are opportunities to move roles within the function to further enhance your career. You will benefit from:
- Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to work on some truly innovative and world-class technology
- Frequent opportunities to gain visibility for you and your work at the highest level both inside and outside the company
- A wide variety of technical tasks and exposure to the customer and end users.
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
- The opportunity to develop new skills, such as an MBSE.
- Opportunity to move within the SD&V Function to gain experience of new areas (technical, project management, systems engineering, trials)
- Travel or language development appropriate to project/role
What`s great about the team?
- The SD&V Function has a proven track record of working closely with customers and end-users, to manage weapon system development and system upgrades to fulfil our customer requirements. This incorporates the flexibility to address emergent in-service issues and adapt to the changing customer requirements of our front-line users.
- The team ensures we provide adaptable solutions and fitness for purpose products, which in the context of evolving end user aspirations/methods of use, means that a flexible approach and can-do attitude is critical.
- SD&V Teams work across all MBDA UK products, giving depth of experience and opportunity to all team members
- Opportunities to experience all CADMID (Concept/Assessment/Development/Manufacture/In-Service/Disposal) phases of a system.
- Become part of a very diverse team of highly motivated scientists and engineers, who are genuinely interested in their fields
- Frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects
- Enjoy a high level of autonomy
- Have ready access to in-house experts to supplement knowledge
- Exposure to a wide range of technically challenging tasks, given opportunities to develop significant breadth and depth of experience.
- The opportunity to join motivated teams, working together to provide the best solutions possible to our customer needs.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
- Adaptable approach - capable of focussing on the UK and European customer`s needs, taking into consideration existing constraints in design proposals.
- Team Player, capable of working jointly with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Pro-active / self-starter
- An ability to use their enthusiasm and drive to work autonomously and efficiently to influences team members and other stakeholders in producing technical outputs of good quality in a timely manner.
- Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment.
- Good understanding of system engineering processes including SysML (training can be provided).
- Experience in DOORS (training can be provided).
- Weapon system knowledge.
- Experience of weapon system studies including design trades, performance analysis, telemetry data analysis etc.
- An ability to rapidly assimilate technical data and produce good quality, proportionate technical documents in a timely manner.
- Experience of systems environmental engineering from requirements capture/approval through to proving planning and certification.
- Experience of munition Safety and Suitability for Service systems engineering aspects.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)