|Job Ref:||204766412||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Salary:||£32.93 - £41.62/hour||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
A well-established global engineering company based in Stevenage is currently looking to recruit an experienced Tactical Data Link Engineer to work within team of specialised RF professionals, on an initial contract basis of 6 months.|
The RF Systems Group is responsible for the specification and assessment of a range of sub-systems used within complex systems. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers.
Responsibilities of the Tactical Data Link Engineer:
The successful applicant will work as part of a Project Team involved in integrating a military tactical data link into a complex weapon. Your key responsibilities will be to support the acquisition of a tactical data link and assist with its integration into a weapon system.
In addition to this primary role, a variety of other experiences are available, including;
* Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar)
* Supporting trials in conjunction with suppliers and the customer
* Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
* Providing technical expertise in design reviews and other forums
* Supporting the growth and improvement of existing and future test facilities.
It is essential that you have knowledge and experience of the following:
* Qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience
* Ability to motivate yourself to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
* Detailed understanding of NATO Tactical Data Link doctrine, architecture and associated documentation.
* Understanding of JTIDS/Link 16; to include both JTIDS (transceiver) and Link 16 (messaging) functionalities.
* Detailed understanding of source documentation for JTIDS/Link 16 at both STANAG and MIL-STD level.
* Detailed understanding of the DLCP and ICP process, including the ability to comment in detail on extant DLCPs and counter propose.
* Detailed understanding of the concepts of Tactical Data Link operational, procedural and technical interoperability.
* Detailed understanding of the document sets and any certification processes associated with the above.
* Experience of generation of test strategies
* Experience with good engineering practices, such as requirements definition, design certification & validation, and configuration control
* Flexible, "can do" attitude, enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved
* You will be able to take responsibility for your own contribution, able to control your own timescale and responsible for your own budget
In addition you will ideally have:
* Knowledge of current military communications systems
* Knowledge of spectrum management/co-siting interference calculations etc.
* Knowledge of current error correction, compression and encoding methodologies.
* Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
* Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
* Experience with configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS
If the above Tactical Data Link Engineer position is something that you would be keen to hear more about, and you hold a current or are eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK security clearance, then please apply now with your updated CV now