|Job Ref:||204766383||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Horsham||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
Engineering Maintenance Manager - West Sussex|
Biffa is the UK`s leading integrated waste management company providing collection, recycling, treatment, disposal and technologically driven energy generation services across four operating divisions.
We control the largest volume of waste in the UK which places us at the centre of a dynamic and growing sector, providing indispensable services to all UK businesses.
The purpose of the role is to manage a team of Mechanical and Electrical technicians to deliver a programme of Total Productive Maintenance at a Mechanical Biological Treatment Plant. By effectively utilising data and performance metrics, the planned maintenance activities should increase equipment reliability through minimising breakdowns to deliver overall Plant availability in excess of 90%.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Lead the development of Job Hazard Analyses and Standard Operating Procedures for all Maintenance activities.
2. Lead 5S activities in Process Plant & Equipment, and Maintenance Areas.
3. Maintain records of all calibrated & safety critical equipment on CMMS to ensure compliance, e.g. lifting equipment, harnesses, etc.
4. Contractor Management and Permit to work procedures.
5. Accident & Near Miss Reporting.
1. Monitor Process Separation and implement continuous improvement activities to ensure the Plant exceeds contract and internal performance targets.
2. Motivate and lead the maintenance team to provide an effective support and maintenance service to the Operations team.
3. Drive adherence to change management protocol to ensure up-to-date engineering documentation.
4. Review and update the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System).
1. Implement a programme of Total Productive Maintenance throughout the facility to include all three aspects of reliability centred maintenance: Early Equipment Management (EEM), Autonomous Maintenance (AM) and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
2. Effectively utilise data metrics such as MTTF, MTTR and Downtime Pareto analysis to improve the efficacy of the maintenance programme.
3. Lead and project manage the execution of major maintenance outages.
4. Lead implementation and adherence to the maintenance management system.
5. Work with suppliers to develop and improve equipment.
Educated in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
IOSH Certificate or equivalent formal safety qualification
Six Sigma - Green Belt or above
5-years Process industry experience in operations
2 years Preventative Maintenance
In return we offer a competitive base salary, generous bonus, benefits and an opportunity to join a rapidly growing area of our business