|Job Ref:||204766152||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Wales||Address:||Salary:||£27000 - £35000/annum + Package||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to join my client, one of the UK's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies on a permanent basis. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist will be joining a well established team of professionals in South Wales.
- Design, management, supervision of geotechnical and geo-environmental assignments including desk studies, ground investigations, human health, groundwater and gas risk assessments and preparation of remediation method statements.
- Provide clients with geotechnical and geo-environmental advice and assistance on an ad hoc basis.
- Negotiate and liaise with relevant regulatory authorities (NHBC, EA, LA etc.) as necessary.
- Assist with the day to day operational management of your team's workload including staff scheduling and co-ordination of resources in conjunction with the your reporting structure.
- Provide guidance to less senior members of the team.
- BEng/BSc in Geology desirable however will consider other higher technical qualification in a relevant sector (Civil Engineering, Environmental Science etc.) Ideally you will or will be working to Chartered Engineer/Geologist level.
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience gained in ground investigation, interpretation and reporting.
- Experience of MS Excel, AutoCAD and geotechnical assessment and modelling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with good analysis and technical capability in MS Word.
- Experience working in a similar role.
- Strong working knowledge of appropriate British Standards, Eurocodes, Industry Guidance and NHBC Standards.
For more information on the Senior Geotechnical Engineer role please call Macauly Birmingham on (Apply online only).
Macauly Birmingham - Rail, Construction & Civil Engineering Consultant - Specialist Recruitment Services UK Ltd
Specialist Recruitment Services UK Ltd is committed to equal opportunities and abides by the REC code of professional practice, Matrix standard for information and advice & guidance services