|Job Ref:||204768038||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£23000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
HQ4073: Electrical Maintenance Engineer |
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000
An opportunity has become available for a competent Electrician in the Birmingham area. The successful candidate will join an expanding international market leader.
To maintain and arrange electrical systems and to make sure that they are safe whilst operating within their designed capacity and complying with BS7671 17th edition of the wiring regulations.
Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged.
* Deliver a high quality service at all times whilst ensuring costs are controlled
* Report any electrical safety issues to head office to action with customer.
* Report any site specific lamp / access / information useful for follow up visits.
* Communication with Head Office must be regular and as agreed. This is vital as customers phone the office and expect answers.
* Employee vehicle must be kept clean, both inside and out.
* Employees are responsible for ensuring they have sufficient stock and ordering replacement stock in a timely manner. Specific part numbers must be used when ordering material from the Head Office.
* Engineers will wear provided company t-shirts at all times and ensure these are clean.
* Unless route has been set, engineers will select the most efficient route possible when placing work in order and will aim to be at the first job for 8am unless otherwise stated.
* Completed job sheets will be sent recorded delivery if these can't be hand delivered to the Head Office.
* All job sheets will be correctly filed in and signed by the customer at all times.
* Engineers are expected to know / learn the technical description of all lamps - (lamp type,
* Report any damages made to company van on the day supported by a report and photos
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
* Clean Driver's License
* Must hold City & Guilds 2351 OR 2330 OR 2360 Part 1 & 2
* OR NVQ Level3 in Electro-Technical Services
* AND must hold 17th edition 2391
* Previous working experience within the retail electrical maintenance sector.
* High level of motivation, dynamism and initiative; entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
* Desire to lead, influence and coach others
* Good team player
* Strong work ethic; self-starter; results orientated
* Good ability to plan and anticipate
* Ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation
* Good communication and relationship building skills
Salary ranges between £23,000 and £28,000, and can be boosted by regular overtime opportunities.
The Maintenance Engineer will work 40-hour weeks and work 8.5 hours a day with 30 minutes for lunchtime which is unpaid.
In addition to a guaranteed base salary and regular overtime opportunities, benefits include:
25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
Government pension scheme
Due to the high response received for some vacancies and time required to assess each application, we regret we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, by keeping your details on our system, we will be able to notify you immediately of other opportunities