|Job Ref:||204765353||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lincolnshire||Address:||Post Code:||LN13||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
Product/Production Engineer - Grantham - Circa £35k to £40k DOE |
The role will work on product focused projects finding improvements and solving problems relating to the product design and manufacturing processes of company products through a structured engineering approach. This would include looking at alternative materials, components, product constructions, manufacturing methods and component design. The role is also intended to lead improvements to the engineering processes used in the wider Engineering and Innovation team such as Design for Manufacture and Assembly, FMEA and engineering control. The role will support the Rand D, Product Design and Development, New Product Introduction and manufacturing operational functions.
* Investigate, evaluate and design solutions for product design, product construction, component design and manufacturing problems driven from KPI's within the business and through quality performance reviews, Non Conformance Report's
* To work from Value Added Value Engineering activity, cost down activity and Design for Manufacture and Assembly reviews.
* To work on and lead aspects of Rand D projects relating to product development in support of the Product Design and Development Manager and the annual RandD plan (including the Standardisation Project).
* Design new components using CAD and other modern digital techniques (including engineering drawings)
* Lead, train and put processes in place within the Product Design and Development, NPI and Engineering Teams for Design for Manufacture and Assembly, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (both process and design), engineering control of drawings, documents and change control.
* To lead from a technical view point the ongoing development of company Engineering Standards and Standardisation Specifications, taking inputs from Product Design and Development, NPI, cost reduction and standardisation activities
* Ensure that improvements made are updated into the company Engineering and Standardisation Specifications and that current practice is aligned with standards.
* To also ensure technical changes and improvements involving the product, components, materials and manufacturing methods and processes are communicated and applied in the NPD / NPI process.
* To provide engineering information and carry out engineering activity to support the Engineering Change and SCN processes both in assessing and implementing the changes
* Carry out actions to support the operations Non Conformance Report process including containment and permanent corrective actions
Skills and Experience
* Engineering Degree or HNC / HND with relevant working product design, manufacturing engineering or industrial design experience.
* Sound organisational skills based around working on engineering projects.
* Experience in and appreciation of manufacturing processes involved in a fast moving assembly business
* Experience of RandD projects and prototyping preferred but not essential.
* Solid Works CAD or other major CAD system.
* Design for Manufacturing and Assembly. FMEA.
* Product costing and analysis.
* Proficient in MS Office applications computer skills.
This is a varied and exciting role that will see you working across internal functions such as Creative Design, Product Design and Development, NPI, Operations, Purchasing, and Finance. You will also have direct contact with suppliers of materials, sub assemblies and prototype parts.
For more information you can email
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency