|Job Ref:||204764928||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Enfield||Address:||Post Code:||EN1||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Bonus + Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
Lead Technical Engineer / Maintenance Engineering Leader|
Based: Enfield / North London
Salary: up to £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Lead Technical Engineer / Maintenance Engineering Leader
Our client is a world class manufacturer, based in Enfield, Middlesex. They are currently seeking to recruit a Technical Engineering Lead to join the Engineering and Maintenance Team at their busy Manufacturing Plant. They are looking for candidates with excellent engineering skills, knowledge and experience of maintaining a wide range of equipment (mechanical, electrical and controls systems). Applications are invited from multi-skilled engineers / maintenance team leaders / maintenance engineers who have worked in heavy manufacturing and/or high volume, process driven environments (i.e. automotive, chemical, agro-chemical, pharmaceutical, refining, or similar).
The purpose of this role is to provide technical engineering expertise to the maintenance and engineering teams to ensure operational needs and objectives of the site are met.
This role covers a full range of activities, including:
* Advise engineers on all aspects of mechanical, electrical and control maintenance on site machinery and equipment
* Ensure all facilities and equipment are safe to use by following quality and EHS policies
* Liaise with other members of the Maintenance Team, Maintenance Team Leader, and Production Team Leaders to agree strategies for conducting breakdown, corrective and preventative maintenance activities
* Offer technical advice to facilitate plant modification work as required
* Develop your own Personal Development Plan, including additional skills training, in order to keep up to speed with advances in technology and the changing needs of the business
* Support Continuous Improvement program through delivery of improvements in equipment availability, utilising established problem solving tools including Root Cause Analysis
* Support LEAN implementation by identifying and assisting with the implementation of improvement, cost saving and sustainable opportunities.
This is a challenging role; the successful applicant will be flexible, determined and self-motivated, with excellent communication skills. Candidates must have previously successfully led a maintenance team within a process industry and hold a recognised mechanical qualification / completed an engineering apprenticeship. Previous experience of LEAN manufacturing and an understanding of the requirements of ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 systems are desirable.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply