|Job Ref:||204764889||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Malvern||Address:||Post Code:||WR14||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
Automation Engineer required to work as part of a wider engineering team for this World leading manufacturing Company based in Malvern.
Reporting to the Operations Director, as Automation Engineer you will be instrumental in providing engineering support across the business in all matters relating to existing and planned automation.
Split in to 2 key areas, as Automation Engineer you will:
* Ensure existing fully and semi-automated assembly machinery is working to ensure production targets are achieved.
* Provide maintenance cover to eliminate un-planned breakdowns and ensure planned maintenance is carried out effectively.
* Take a pro-active stance to continuous improvement and where possible increase productivity through lean/continuous improvement projects.
* Take full responsibility for full life-cycle project management and for all aspects of automated systems implementation.
* Play an active role in plant lay-out and, working with senior managers, play an active part in defining automation strategy that could further automate process within the business.
It is likely that the suitable applicant will be educated to Degree standard in a relevant discipline (automation, electrical or mechanical engineering etc.) with circa 3+ years practical "hands on" experience in an automation related role, ideally with a maintenance element.
As Automation Engineer it is likely that you will:
* Have a firm understanding of software development and computer programming relevant to the role.
* Automated equipment troubleshooting skills.
* Strong communication skills to support interactions with other members of the team.
* Proven Process Automation system skills.
* Team Player - with the ability to translate user requirements into system recipes.
In return for the above, you will be paid a competitive salary and package coupled with the ability to really make the automated element of the business your own.
The business is investing heavily in the business and is keen to fully develop processes via automation.
Interviews will be held quickly and it is envisioned that this role will be filled quickly. For more information or to apply please call Nick Green ((url removed)) on (Apply online only) or (Apply online only) for a confidential conversation.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)