|Job Ref:||204764772||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barnstaple||Address:||Post Code:||EX32||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Firmware Engineer to help influence and shape the future direction of unmanned naval systems by providing specialist expertise in the development of low profile acoustic arrays for deployment from manned and unmanned platforms. |
Working within the dynamic Advanced Technologies Group you will play a leading role in the design and development of innovative, cutting edge sonar sensing systems for use by the Royal Navy and various overseas customers.
The role will include domestic and at times, international liaison with UK MoD, leading British and American defence prime contractors, other customers, sub-contractors, project teams and subject-matter experts.
- Take responsibility for the electronic design / firmware element of a variety of electro-mechanical systems, including hardware design, integration, FPGA engineering.
- To provide support and work closely with the Technical Development Manager in ensuring that the overall technical and performance requirements are being met, through requirements tracking, generation of interface control and user documentation.
- To liaise with management on estimates and overall progress as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- PCB Design including complex multilayer designs with FPGAs using Altium.
- Experience in writing in any of the following: VHDL and FPGA design, NIOS, ModelSim, Altera, Assembler, C, C++, C#, MATLAB.
- Experience of instruments, communications/Ethernet, interfacing to sensors (RS232 / 485 etc.) and power electronics.
- Your ability to be part of a team is vital, with a willingness to work with people from other disciplines in order to achieve the overall objectives.
- You should be able to provide accurate estimates for engineering work and be able to plan your work, and that of others.
- You should be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all disciplines.
- 7 You should possess a degree or equivalent in an appropriate area, security cleared or capable of obtaining security clearance.
- You should hold a full UK Driving Licence and be willing to work offsite, including customer facilities and trials locations.
Commutable Barnstaple, Torrington, Ilfracombe, Bideford, South Molton