|Job Ref:||204764593||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Maidenhead||Address:||Post Code:||SL6||Salary:||£30000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
Production Engineer - Tooling|
• £30-£38k doe
• Straight days Mon - Fri
• Globally recognised Manufacturing company
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Production Engineer for a high precision engineering business near Maidenhead, Berkshire. The role is to ensure that suitable fixturing is designed to suit components and assemblies, bearing in mind the life cycle and quantity of components likely to be produced.
Production Engineers have full responsibility and accountability for new or modified components or assemblies from initial allocation through to completion of a satisfactory first off inspection.
• Identify, advise and agree all fixturing requirements with the Production Engineer
• Where necessary advise on cutter selection / availability and ensure suitable cutting tools exist and are available in sufficient quantities.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of SYSPRO
• Experience in fixture design using standard "off the shelf" or bespoke components
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Familiarity with the working of CNC machines, particularly 2/3 axis Lathes, 3/4 axis Mills and multi-axis mill/turn machines.
• A thorough working knowledge of Solidworks, AutoCad and other software required to fulfil the duties of a Tooling Production Engineer
• Be aware of new technology in order to be able to recommend where relevant.
• Be aware of current Health and Safety requirements relevant to your role and work area.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
• Any knowledge of CREO Elements package would be advantageous
• On Time Delivery
• No customer complaints (Internal or External)
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business with regard to this vacancy