|Job Ref:||204764580||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wales||Address:||Post Code:||CF3||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:10|
Drawing Office Manager|
£50,000 - £55,000 - Deeside
Perpetual Partnerships are a North West based recruitment consultancy with a significant track record of supporting the key goals of organisations within the engineering community.
One of our long-standing partners requires the skills and expertise of an experienced Drawing Office Manager to play a pivotal role in driving their existing engineering team.
As a global supplier of bespoke machinery and automation, our client recruits ambitious individuals who seek further responsibilities and long-term careers. This is one of a handful of excellent opportunities within the business and is a diverse and challenging role comprising of projects where you would be accelerating product and technology innovation.
Our client are looking for an engineering/design manager to lead a team of highly skilled design and CAD engineers within a large business.
The ideal candidate will have a driven and motivated attitude and have experience working as a manager within a drawing office. You will have excellent knowledge of special purpose machinery and an ability to communicate at all levels.
* Degree qualified mechanical engineer, ideally Chartered.
* Experience leading a team of design engineers.
* Knowledge and experience of CAD software including 2d and 3d.
* Able to do geometric tolerencing and engineering calculations.
* Able to communicate at all levels.
Check and approve drawings for drafting standards, functionality (including stack ups and geometric tolerance) and supporting documentation to standards and procedures.
* Ensure parts are properly introduced and that the impact of changes are reflected through the product life cycle (configuration control).
* Develop the standard of drafting within business (define standards, working practices, limits, procedures etc.).
* Develop improved use of CAD system (through leadership and formal training).
* Support use of MRP/business system through correct data entry.
* Provide guidance on design for manufacture and manufacturing process development to manufacturing, subcontract manufacturing and purchasing.
* Assist in the recruitment and induction of draftsmen (permanent and contract).
* Assist in prioritisation of work and compilation of work packages/specifications.
* Develop individuals within the drafting team.
* Assist in defining (and delivering) long term strategy for CAD/Product Data Management.
If you feel the aforementioned qualities describe your skills and experience, and you have the ambition to be part of a rapidly expanding organisation then please apply or call James Taylor on (Apply online only).
Other roles: design manager, engineering manager, r & d manager, r&d manager, drawing office manager, cad manager, senior design engineer