|Job Ref:||204763908||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Swinton||Address:||Post Code:||TD11||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum dependant on experience||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:11|
Infrastructure Project Manager|
Location - Eccles (relocating to Swinton in December 2016)
(Occasional travel may be required to other Capita offices and sites)
Competitive salary and benefits
About the role
To manage the Highway & Infrastructure (H&I) programmes, resource and associated risks for Salford City Councils (SCC's) Capital programme, including financial management and reporting of budgets, acting as the contact between Urban Vision & SCC's Senior Management Team to ensure a quality service delivery and ensuring Council members are kept informed of schemes though quarterly executive lead member briefings.
About Capita | Urban Vision
Urban Vision is a Joint Venture Partnership between Capita, Salford City Council and Galliford Try. We are based in Eccles, within the Salford district of Greater Manchester employing approximately 360 staff in a wide range of integrated professional support services solutions. Capabilities include a full range of property surveying and management disciplines, full design and cost control services, extensive highways and civil engineering design capability plus town planning, development control and policy services.
Urban Vision forms a subsidiary of Capita Plc which is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Our key client is Salford City Council although we have expanded our client base to a number of other clients and commissions both within the North West and nationally.
Our business is an established and respected player in the property and infrastructure consultancy markets, capable of challenging the 'status quo' and delivering outstanding client facing results.
There are strong career opportunities across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
What you will do:
* Programme Management/ budget and forecast management of the Capital Programme.
* Reconciliation of Quarterly Financial Reports covering the Capital Programme.
* Management of day-to-day activities associated with the Block 3 Capital Programme; ensuring programme is delivered on time and to budget (scheme by scheme).
* Business case development for SCC schemes.
* Identifying of resources and assignment of responsibilities.
* Creation and delivery of project work plans (Delivery Plans) and updates as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements of the client and associated KPI's.
* Identification of resources and assignment of responsibilities for key schemes.
* Liaison with the client accountancy team to ensure budget and spend is accurate and to reconcile any differences. Liaison with client; presenting programme status and expenditure.
* Production and presentation of financial and service delivery management reports.
* Collaborative working with Galliford Try.
* As part of Partnership governance arrangements, attend and represent UV at the client board meeting to asses service delivery performance including procurement , to raise key issues, to assess KPI's - and to provide update on the general programme.
Your experience will include:
* Proven financial management & budget management.
* Proven programme management and monitoring of KPI's as agreed with client.
* Experience in managing multi-disciplinary highway designs.
* Knowledge and experience in Local Authority procedures.
* Excellent client interface abilities, chairing meetings with multiple stakeholders
* Experience in the production of delivery and progress reports. Represent Urban Vision at client meetings.
* Demonstration of dealing with and working effectively with elected members and senior client officers and peers.
* Lead liaison and consultation with the public.
* Liaison with local authorities, public utility staff, local residents and businesses and any other external organisations.
* Preparation of feasibility studies, estimates and reports.
* Experience in the design and delivery of highway / infrastructure works.
* Managing multi stakeholder projects.
* Appreciation of Highway Schemes.
* Good commercial awareness and financial acumen.
* Computer literate with experience in MS Office including Project.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 20 day's holiday per annum, pension scheme, as well as a range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, all of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us