|Job Ref:||204763400||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wednesbury||Address:||Post Code:||WS10||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:12|
Quality Engineer |
Excellent Salary + benefits
Location: Wednesbury, West Midlands
Our client is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. With 170,000 employees who create quality products, services and solutions to the automotive industry.
They are now recruiting for a Quality Engineer to join their team in Wednesbury, in a role which will be integral to supporting quality and process improvements within a plant that is undergoing an exciting period of change and turnaround activity.
The Quality Engineer will have responsibility for supporting the business in implementing health, safety and environmental policies, and will take responsibility for implementation of health, safety and environmental standards, as defined in the regional Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful Quality Engineer will have the following key deliverables:
- Monitor customer quality concerns - data collection and reporting.
- Effectively maintain customer roadmaps and glide paths to improve customer performance.
- Identify and close out repetitive concerns, create action plans to improve performance.
- Discuss / negotiate specific concern boundary samples and adherence protecting both business and customer.
- Analyses customer returns, concerns and defects found in the JC production.
- Liaise with manufacturing to initiate and close out concerns.
- Prepare and maintain control plan for components and complete products.
- Perform Capability Studies and Parts and Process Audits.
- PPAP preparation - documentation and presentation.
- Perform Gage Studies (Gage R&R, Bias, Linearity and Stability) before gage is approved for production tests or after product change (when applicable).
- Other reasonable tasks and responsibilities as are normally encompassed in the quality function.
- Ensure that continuous improvement is made in all production MEQ quality deliverables e.g. RPPM, CPPM, IPPM, SPPM and warranty/JD Power.
- Ensure that customer and internally identified quality issues are resolved using the Company problem solving methods e.g. 8D Report, `PSD` (Problem Solving Document), PCAD, Kepner-Tregoe etc.
- Assure that all quality activities are performed according to BOS, TS16949, and ISO 9000, ISO 14001 etc.
- Support the continuous improvement of the Operator Description Sheets (ODS)
- Identify and use the appropriate statistical tools, coach, mentor and train team members in the use of Statistical applications and techniques.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience is essential
- Specific education and training in Quality disciplines including minimum QS9000, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, DOE and SPC
- 5 years experience in the Automotive industry
- Minimum 3 years of working in the Quality arena
- Manufacturing Quality system experience and customer communication activities
- Certification in Quality Engineering is advantageous