|Job Ref:||204763392||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Bury St Edmunds||Address:||Post Code:||IP33||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:12|
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice working within the property, infrastructure and construction industry. We are justifiably proud of our reputation for innovation and service and for being a great place to work.|
Due to our increasing workload we are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Design Engineer with sound technical and interpersonal skills to join our Building Services team in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
The broad range of disciplines we provide is representative of the multi-professional business that we are. At Pick Everard you work in partnership with other disciplines, giving you the opportunity to collaborate and build close working relationships with architects, engineers, surveyors, project managers, consultants and specialists from across the built environment.
We value and promote a positive work-life balance, and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to innovative and challenging projects in a variety of sectors, including education, healthcare, defense, commercial, utilities.
Key skills and experience:
- Qualifications: relevant HNC/HND or degree
- Minimum 2 years experience of electrical building services design (including emergency lighting and fire alarm design)
- Knowledge and understanding of BS7671
- Lighting design software experience - Hevacomp and/or Dialux
- Familiarity with AutoCAD - essential, experience in using Revit MEP - desirable
- Structured wiring system and security systems design experience - desirable
- Excellent communication skills (including report, letter and email writing): able to liaise with clients, contractors, manufacturers, fellow professionals
Our Employee benefits
You will receive a competitive basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, as well as:
- Stakeholder pension (3-6%)
- Life assurance
- 26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + opportunity to purchase up to 5 more days of leave
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Recommend a Friend scheme that rewards you for every successful staff introduction you make
If you are interested in this Electrical Design Engineer role in Bury St Edmunds please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current remuneration or salary expectations