|Job Ref:||204763181||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£40750 - £50950/annum 20% bonus||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:12|
Are you a Specification and Assurance Manager who would relish being part of one of the biggest infrastructure projects in Europe? This is an opportunity to be part of history and to contribute to the most iconic Rail project the UK has seen to date. This is without doubt a career defining opportunity. |
Based in the Birmingham head office, you'd be helping deliver fifteen years of construction, a £55.7bn investment, nine major new railway stations and more than 350 miles of new track, bridges, viaducts and tunnels, as well as the next generation of high-speed trains. On offer is a salary of £40,750 to £50,950 PA + 20% of basic cash in lieu of benefits.
You will supporting a team responsible for the specification and technical development, integration and assurance of the railway system on behalf of the Sponsor. This assurance activity covers the technical assurance of the design and change processes. The team leads in setting the technical assurance regime, setting processes for its application and reporting of progress. You will be responsible for the the day-to-day application of key assurance activity, particularly change and capturing of key development decisions. These assurance activities align with the assurance activity to the objectives and timescales of the project.
You'll need the following knowledge:
* Qualified to degree/HND Level (or similar) in relevant subject combined with an appropriate qualification in assurance management;
* Demonstrable ability in client management of major projects and working with sponsors, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders;
* Demonstrable managerial capability with accountability for budgets and resources;
* Demonstrable ability to deliver work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
* Demonstrable expertise in the use and application of assurance regimes in major projects;
* Proven track record in the validation of major schemes, risk management and reporting.
* Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership;
* Knowledge of the rail, construction and utility industries including their requirement and assurance needs;
* Good understanding of systems engineering practices
* Design and construction experience and the application of CDM activity;
* Auditing practices and Demonstrable expertise in qualitative schedule risk assessment.
If you'd like more detail or prefer to introduce yourself before applying I'd be very happy to hear from you on (Apply online only) or you can email me at