|Job Ref:||204763122||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£36500 - £40750/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:12|
Are you an Assurance Manager who would relish being part of one of the biggest infrastructure projects in Europe? This is an opportunity to be part of history and to contribute to the most iconic Rail project the UK has seen to date. |
Based in the Birmingham head office, you'd be helping deliver fifteen years of construction, a £55.7bn investment, nine major new railway stations and more than 350 miles of new track, bridges, viaducts and tunnels, as well as the next generation of high-speed trains. On offer is a salary up to £40,750 PA plus 15% of basic cash in lieu of benefits.
You will be part of the team responsible for the assurance of technical development and design. This assurance activity draws on the technical and production assurance outputs and the supporting change processes. The team lead the setting of the technical assurance regime, setting processes for its application and reporting of progress. The team assure the day to day application of key assurance activity particularly change and capturing of key development decisions. The team aligns the assurance activity to the objectives and timescales of the project.
You'll need the following knowledge:
* Demonstrable ability in client management of major projects and working with sponsors, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders
* Appropriate qualification in assurance management
* Demonstrable ability to deliver work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Demonstrable expertise in the use and application of assurance regimes in major projects
* Proven track record in the validation of major schemes, risk management and reporting
* Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
* Proven track record of working with Sponsors, Stakeholders, Engineers and Project delivery teams
* Competent understanding of common contract management frameworks.
* Chartered Engineer, or in the process of obtaining qualifications in an appropriate discipline.
* Competent understanding of Systems Engineering principles and application
* Knowledge of the rail, construction and utility industries including their requirement and assurance needs
* Civil Design and Construction knowledge and the application of CDM activity
* Demonstrable expertise in qualitative schedule risk assessment.
If you'd like more detail or prefer to introduce yourself before applying I'd be very happy to hear from you on (Apply online only) or you can email me at