|Job Ref:||204762950||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kings Lynn||Address:||Post Code:||PE30||Salary:||£35000/annum Pension||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:12|
MECHANICAL ENGINEER |
We currently have a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer II to join our Innovation team. Based in Cambridge, the key purpose of this role is to carry out a range of engineering activities for innovation projects to identify, design and develop new drug delivery products.
* Contribute to the development of new drug delivery devices, from early stage product concepts to ready for clinical trial product, in line with our innovation strategy, Quality system and Development Process.
* Contribute as a team member to allocated work-streams within innovation projects, to meet project targets and ensure output meets with customer expectations and operational needs.
* Utilise project and engineering knowledge to drafts extracts of technical reports and design documentation for review and input into (client) reports ensuring that they are accurate and informed.
* Adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities by learning and attending training courses to ensure that department has right skills to deliver business needs.
* Provide competent engineering and process knowledge to support activities and business decision making within speciality area.
* Procure prototype parts using appropriate manufacture techniques, such as rapid prototyping and machining.
* Liaising with appropriate suppliers, procure tools and commission parts to meet the agreed product / component specification.
* Carry out diligent laboratory testing, including creation of test protocols, designing and procuring test apparatus, analysis of results and report writing.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent), preferably in an Engineering subject. Demonstrable industry experience.
* Experience of using a 3D parametric CAD system such as Solidworks for creating parts, assemblies and drawings.
* Experience of analytical engineering analysis.
* Experience of a range of engineering processes including conducting test processes, writing reports (technical and design/specification documentation), experimental diligence and the ability
* to collect analyse and interpret data.
* Knowledge of a range of rapid prototyping techniques and processes.
* Ability to work in a multi-functional team and to build relationships with peers.
* Ability to manage own time and work in a fast paced environment and on multiple projects
* A 'can do' attitude and plenty of initiative.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
* Experience of working in the healthcare and medical device industry.
* Knowledge of ISO 13485 quality system for the design and development of medical devices or similar quality systems.
* Experience of developing plastic components suitable for high volume manufacture.
* Experience of developing robust mechanisms using injection moulded components.
* A working knowledge of FMEA and DFMA