|Job Ref:||204762868||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kings Lynn||Address:||Post Code:||PE30||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum Pension||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:12|
MOULD PROCESS ENGINEER|
We currently have a requirement for two Mould Process Engineers to join our Moulding team. Based in King's Lynn, the key purpose of this role is to lead injection mould tooling and systems validation to support the effective introduction of NPI and Operational endeavours with ongoing technical support.
* Responsible for moulding process and documentation development for all stages of tool validation for prototype tools, tools for clinical trials and commercial / production tooling.
* Assist the completion of process optimisations for new Tooling to ensure the correct & appropriate actions are taken with respect to tooling, process and equipment.
* Proactively provide technical guidance to internal and external customers related to component design, specification setting, polymers and moulding.
* Lead and manage the introduction on emerging technologies that help reduce costs and timelines for tool validation and/or improvement effectiveness of the tool validation team.
* Identify and evaluate suppliers and services providers for moulding and tooling who are capable and would be open to explore opportunities for positive differentiation between the company and its competitors for tool procurement & validation.
* Identify emerging technologies together with operational and business requirements/needs in order to evaluate and propose technology platforms or approaches that will provide potential competitive advantage in the area of Tool Approval for New Product Introduction and cGMP production.
* Identify and manage projects to improve product and/or moulding process robustness, reduce costs and or reduce timelines.
* Provide a "hands-on" approach to all customers and external suppliers related to problem solving of tooling and moulding issues. Generate reports on observations, options and recommendations.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
* Minimum 6 years Plastic Injection Moulding Process Engineering experience that includes asset care, acquisition, and improvement related to plastic injection moulding machines, tooling, automation, and process infrastructure.
* Apprenticeship served or, relevant qualification (plastics processing and/or materials technology) with a demonstrable track record of completing formal training in plastics processing (BPTA, G&A or equivalent). HNC/HND/Degree level in an Engineering or relative experience.
* Knowledge of Scientific Injection Moulding disciplines with tool design and polymer science experience and knowledge.
* Experience in Validation (Process or Product) and Risk Management Process, including the application of Project Management principles.
* Data driven approach to problem solving using analytical tools, including RCA.
* Good written, oral communication, report writing, presentation skills and IT skills.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
* Trained in Moldflow analysis software or similar tools used for 'design for manufacture'.
* Capable of reading and monitoring data from mould cavity process monitoring curves to determine quality of process.
* Experienced in viewing 2D and 3D CAD formats.
* Working knowledge of statistical tools, including Design of experiments, R&R and capability indices using Minitab.
* Six Sigma tool kit practitioner