|Job Ref:||204762821||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kings Lynn||Address:||Post Code:||PE30||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Pension||Post Date:||11/10/2016 04:12|
We currently have a requirement for a Metrology Engineer to join our Moulding, Tooling and Metrology team, based in Kings Lynn.
* To manage and complete activities associated with procuring, installing and validating metrology equipment and fixtures for new projects and Operational support programmes, to agreed time lines and budgetary constraints.
* To provide technical support to Operations for equipment in routine production.
* Engineering responsibility for the procurement of new Metrology equipment to the agreed budget and timelines.
* Provide commercially competitive Metrology solutions, estimates / quotations required to underpin opportunity evaluation targeting new business or ongoing operations/capacity expansion.
* Plan and execute Metrology projects for both Operational replacement and NPI to agreed specifications and targets (cost, time, quality and performance) either by leadership of work packages or contributing as a member of a dedicated project team.
* Pro-actively manage Fixture design, equipment specification, data collection and validation activities ensuring adequate risk assessment is undertaken at design qualification, procurement and validation stages, and that budget and milestones are achieved and verified during tool manufacture within a framework of change control.
* Pro-actively contribute to Design for Manufacture reviews and Component approval reviews using experience, knowledge and analysis tools.
* Provide technical support and guidance to internal and external customers for Metrology techniques, fixture design, manufacture and any related issues.
* Manage the control of all Metrology validation documents and Templates within the IT systems
* Assist in the emerging technologies together with operational and business requirements/needs in order to evaluate and propose technology platforms or approaches that will provide potential competitive advantage in the area of component metrology for New Product Introduction and cGMP production.
* Ensure fixture drawings are available and maintained in a controlled format for the life of the item.
* Proactively manage suppliers to ensure the company are achieving value for money on Moulding solutions and managing the finances through the equipment manufacture stages.
* Assist in the Identification and support the evaluation of manufactures / service providers.
DECISION MAKING AND INFLUENCE
* Proactively interface with internal and external customers in order to assure component Metrology requirements are designed, drawn and toleranced appropriately for manufacture
* Interface with the NPI Project team, Information Systems and Operations to ensure that the procured Metrology equipment is suitable and robustly installed for use.
* Present and influence internal and external customers on Metrology solutions related to Quality, Cost and Delivery from the proposal stage through supplier selection, manufacture and validation stages.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
* HNC in mechanical engineering (or equivalent).
* Experience in the programming of Metrology machines using either tactile or camera based systems (Calypso or PC-DMIS preferred).
* Experience in the specification and selection of Metrology equipment and component fixturing in line with the technical requirements of the device.
* A good understanding and knowledge of Gauge validation including statistical analysis and process control.
* Project Management experience in the procurement and validation of Metrology equipment projects for a regulated industry.
* Ability to plan and influence suppliers & customers to ensure project objectives is achieved.
* Data driven approach to problem solving using analytical tools.
* Good written, oral communication, report writing and presentation skills.
* Experienced practitioner in all aspects of IT, e.g., Production Management Systems, CAD, MS office etc.
* Proficient SAP user (Document management, Quality notifications purchase requests).
* Ability to mentor & coach