Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.|
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We have a unique opportunity for a Project Engineer reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
With a 5:2/4:3 FIFO roster from Perth, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include;
- Manage the performance of sub-contractors, including resolution of issues, as measured by compliance to contractor agreements and the handling of progress claims
- Regularly review production performance against expectations and make recommendations for remedial action as appropriate
- Initiate, implement and monitor improvements to production efficiency, safety and environmental performance
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly production/cost reports in a timely manner as measured by accuracy and compliance to reporting standards templates
- Analyse cost reports to confirm their validity and accuracy, and recommend corrective action where appropriate
- Manage the timely ordering of materials/consumables to meet operational requirements
- Prepare monthly progress claim as scheduled
- Provide technical support to ensure mining activities are undertaken in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner
- Assist the team in the development of site strategic management plans
- Provide engineering and technical input to mining operations management and supervisory staff to allow productive and cost effective completion of works
- Continually evaluate, review and determine the most appropriate use of mining methodologies for best project performance
What skills and experience do you need?
- A minimum of 2 years' experience within underground operations of which at least 1 year is within a Technical engineering role
- Tertiary Qualification in Mining Engineering
- Self motivated engineer with exposure to contract and cost management
- Exposure to and awareness of drill & blast design, ventilation monitoring and modelling and underground production systems.
- Experience in Mining Software and Scheduling packages (Deswick & Ventsim preferred, however other packages such as Mine24D, Surpac, RingKing, EPS etc desirable).
- Understanding of practical underground operations and ability to provide hands on support to the wider underground team.
- First Class Mine Managers Ticket / ability to attain would be considered advantageous but not essential.
- Hold a valid WA Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Valid Drivers Licence "C"- Class minimum.
When do you need to apply?
Short listing for this position will commence immediately. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the 'apply' button below.