|Job Ref:||8351||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Hawaii||City:||Honolulu||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
Position Description, two parts:|
A: Provide on-site support in Pearl Harbor, HI to NAVSEA and NAVAIR On-Site Agents.
B: Provide on-site support in Pearl Harbor, HI to Electric Boat Groton shipyard
Part A: On-Site Support to NAVSEA and NAVAIR On-Site Agent
• The successful candidate shall provide direct support to the NAVSEA Technical On-Site Agent (TOSA) and the NAVAIR In-Service-Engineer (ISE) at the Naval Submarine Training Center Pacific (NSTCP) and the NSTCP Detachment Guam in the execution of the NAVSEA 07TR Life Cycle Support Plan (LCSP). Travel to NSTCP Det. Guam as necessary.
• Review and comment on Trainer Program Manager (PM) developed Submarine Trainer Program specific change documents including: Change Proposals (CP), Training System Installation Plans (TSIPs), Trainer Change Instructions (TCIs) and Trainer Engineering Change Directives (TECDs). Assemble comments received from the trainer command, support contractors, Naval Facility Command (NAVFAC) and other activities to provide consolidated feedback to the NAVSEA program office. Draft reports for review and release by the TOSAs and ISEs requiring detailed technical knowledge or trainer material status, identified deficiencies and plans for corrective action.
• Provide technical and administrative assistance with the development of Training Equipment Change Requests (TECRs) and enter the information into the Training Information Electronic Resource System (TIERS) database for NAVSEA Program Managers review and implementation.
• Provide on-site assistance to Training System Program Managers (PMs) and/or designated installation planners, including interfacing with the school for laboratory access, site preparation, installation and acceptance testing and gathering on-site information as requested by the installation team. Support the TOSA and ISE in conducting in-briefs and out-briefs with the installation for all trainer installations and upgrades, and chair those meetings in the absence of the TOSA/ISE.
• Provide liaison between the Submarine Trainer Maintenance activity (SUBTM), the Submarine Contractor Maintenance Service (SUBCMS) and Electric Boat for technical information regarding submarine systems. Support SUBTM and SUBCMS Guam as needed. Assist SUBTM and SUBCMS with Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) disposal efforts, including research of MSDS sheets, HAZMIN Helper disposition worksheet submissions and train all new SUBTM and SUBCMS members on local procedures. Assist the SUBTM and SUBCMS Classified Material and Media Custodians and the TOSA/ISE in the receipt, inventory, tracking and disposition of classified material and media.
• Coordinate Lab Access Requests (LARs) to ensure that all stakeholders have been informed of scheduled work affecting NAVSEA07TR trainers, associated support requirements and limitations on trainer utilization.
• Ensure that post-installation documentation is complete and submitted on time to NAVSEA and NAVFAC, including briefing checklists, completion reports, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) documents and as-built drawings. Ensure that all turnover items are completed or listed as Discrepancy/Deficiency Review and update OPNAV 4790 CKs and route them to the 3M coordinator and Configuration Database Manager (CDM) as specified in the NAVSEA LCSP.
• Provide Logistics support for all infrastructure and repair part submission, in support of 07R in troubleshooting and maintenance. Research and identify the installation of form/fit/function equivalent hardware or lowest replaceable unit (LRU) replacement components needed to correct trainer hardware issues. Assist in gathering and submitting documentation to support the disposal of obsolete training equipment via the local Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Dispositions Services component, formerly known as DRMO. Work with NSTCP Supply to coordinate the physical transfer of equipment to final disposition.
• Responsible for the receipt and shipment of all incoming and outgoing equipment including Return Material Authorizations (RMAs), trainer loaner equipment, incoming infrastructure and repair parts, excess asset receipt and transfer, training logistics packages and new trainer equipment.
• Provide direct support to the NSTCP and Guam TOSAs and ISEs in chairing the quarterly submarine Combat System (CS) and Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Training System Working Group (TSWG) meeting at NSTCP and Guam. Provide all tracking and reporting mechanisms in support of action items to correct training deficiencies. Maintain status reports and trainer installation schedules using data provided by the NAVSEA Program Offices, NAWC/TSD, SLC, NSTCP, TOSAs and ISEs. Prepare draft and final meeting minutes for distribution to the training community. Maintain up to date lists to include tracking data on the following items: Future Installations and LAR Status, EFR/TCI/TECD Installation Schedule, 4790CK Tracking List, TECR List, Overhaul Planning Data, Trainer DR Status Lists, OPEN CPRS Entries and CASREP Reporting.
Part B: On-Site support to Electric Boat Shipyard
• Represent the Electric Boat D701 Program Office at NSTCP and NSTCP Det Guam for trainer and facility maintenance, installations, upgrades and removals. Provide support as available and as needed to other EB departments (D776 and D708) associated with Submarine modernization and overhaul.
• Represent D701 at the annual Submarine Training Equipment Overhaul meeting with the learning facility. Compile lists of on-site action items and monitor the completion of these items as part of the TSWG process. Provide assistance in the resolution of these action items when appropriate.
• Provide on-site assistance for the development of trainer design packages including support to sub-contractors during surveys and inspections. Activities include escorting uncleared personnel into classified areas, coordination of contractor walk-throughs, gathering facility and trainer as-built and technical data for interface with trainer installations and upgrades, execution of Pre-Overhaul Tests and Inspections (POTIs) and collection of overhaul material prior to planned or corrective maintenance.
• Support EB and contracted design and engineering teams with facility access, liaison to NAFVAC and access to local trades and services. Provide hands-on support during major installations and provide advance planning and on-site material collection support, equipment staging and parts accountability.