|Job Ref:||STR-LB-16-18688||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Detroit||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
General Dynamics Land Systems has an opening for a Tax Analyst at its Corporate office located in Sterling Heights, Michigan. This individual will report directly to the Tax Department Manager. |
The Tax Analyst is an entry-level position responsible for timely and accurately preparing all Federal tax returns for all US operations, including US branches. This individual will support State, Local, Foreign and Indirect tax return preparation as needed. In addition, the Tax Analyst will prepare all tax provision estimates and related work-papers including deferred tax schedules, journal entries and reconciliations. Also, preparing all cash tax forecasts and Op Plan estimates and maintaining and preparing all needed work-papers. Assisting with writing tax position papers, supporting tax audits and tax research as necessary.
Other duties may include:
• Preparing and delivering Power-point presentations to various groups.
• Assisting with tax planning special projects across Combat Segment as necessary.
• Interacting and obtaining understanding of various GDLS functions and/or organizations to achieve required results.
• Must have Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related; Master's in Taxation degree preferred.
• C.P.A. preferred, progress toward C.P.A. is required
• J.D. degree a plus.
• Experience with Corporate taxation is required.
• Experience with tax research software is preferred.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional business partners at all levels with a team oriented customer service attitude.
• Attention to details and comfortable working in a fast paced and continually changing environment.
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects independently and meet deadlines under pressure.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel with the ability to create pivot tables, V-lookups and macros.
• Experience with ONESOURCE Income Tax and Provision software packages is preferred.
• Experience with Hyperion/HFM and OBIEE is preferred.
• Must have strong verbal and written presentation skills.
• Some travel may be required.
General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package including: 9/80 Work Schedule; 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility; Tuition Reimbursement; On-site Fitness Center, dry cleaning service and cafeteria; and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance.
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
Detroit area locations house engineering, design and development, customer service and support, systems integration laboratories, and staff support functions. The Sterling Logistics and Engineering Center provides training and logistics support to customers around the world.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.