|Job Ref:||8375||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
To carry out the functions and responsibilities of the metallic Materials Engineering Section of Department 341. The job involves planning, coordination and liaison with other EB departments, NGSB, vendors, and the customer, and execution of the following specific functions and responsibilities:|
• Provide materials engineering input into Design and Engineering projects, from initial concepts to final design, including material selections, materials evaluations, and technical liaison with other departments and the customer.
• Provide technical direction to Purchasing, Quality Assurance and other departments in the procurement of materials and components.
• Perform material failure analyses and related engineering investigations.
• Provide technical assistance and direction to Operations in the manufacturing processing of materials.
• Prepare and/or review and revise material procurement specifications and shipyard procedures for materials processing.
• Maintain liaison with Government and private laboratories, and industry relative to materials technology.
• Provide technical direction and oversight to metallurgy laboratory personnel.