|Job Ref:||ANN16-5614-H||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Anniston||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
•Installs and repairs Computer Numerical Control (CNC) electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing the following duties. |
Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
• Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
• Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as Maintenance Machine Repairer and Maintenance Tool Maker, to diagnose malfunction.
• Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
• Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
• Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
• Pushes buttons and presses keys on robot controller, teach pendant, and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
• Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
• Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
Other duties may be assigned.
Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school: or three to four years of apprenticeship and related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.