|Job Ref:||7753||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
D489 is leading the development and integration of an advanced propulsion system for a next-generation submarine with electric drive. D489 is seeking engineers to support continued development and testing at the Small Scale Test Bed (SSTB) facility, which represents a scaled version of an electric drive main propulsion system. This lab is being used to evaluate compatibility between various propulsion components in order to validate and refine the main propulsion control software. |
Job responsibilities include the following:
• Develop propulsion component Simulink models that execute in a real-time environment distributed across a high speed fiber optic network.
• Perform independent reviews of other component real-time models or sub-models. Assess impact to the hardware real-time processing margin as a result of software changes.
• Perform software model verification and validation activities.
• Perform requirements management review of full-scale vendor deliverables and updates to component engineering specifications.
• Validate combined component software and hardware changes through layered test efforts.
• Develop technical reports to document design development, interfaces, and performance of component hardware and software.
• Support troubleshooting, repair, and replacement of facility components.
• Support the review of component and overall system operating test procedures.
• Perform system analyses to ensure that both hardware and software upgrades are designed within overall system limits.
• Maintain facility readiness of systems involved with control, protection, indication, and instrumentation. Support modernization activities as components become obsolete.
Selected candidates will be expected to effectively communicate within the organization as well as with NAVSEA, prime contractors, and equipment vendors. Newly hired personnel will be assigned a mentor to assist in learning the above roles and responsibilities.