|Job Ref:||8361||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
The following conditions will apply for the classification of Welder Developmental.|
A. Occupational Summary
This occupation requires work operations relating to the development of welding procedures for ferrous and non-ferrous materials utilizing new and modified welding processes and procedures.
B. Work Performed
Assist in the determination of methods and sequences of operations required to evaluate the practicability of welding processes on new and experimental materials. Perform welding operations to determine the practicability of new or revised procedures, processes materials, and welding equipment.
Perform welding operations in all positions on ferrous and nonferrous metals and their alloys.
In connection with the foregoing, perform such typical duties of this occupation including, but not limited to:
• Improvising, layout and constructing holding fixtures to secure parts and assemblies to be welded as directed.
• Set up and assembling new or modified welding equipment using available component parts and performing interconnection of mechanisms and components to form welding setups.
• Setting up components and equipment incidental to welding operations.
• Setting up and fitting test assemblies as required.
• Performing cutting and joint preparation operations incidental to the accomplishment of assigned tasks.
• Performing preliminary nondestructive tests to evaluate welds, making recommendations to associates based on findings.
• Performing burning, chipping, drilling, grinding, power wire brushing, and deburring incidental to welding operations.
• Performing developmental welding on production components for purposes of improving processing and equipment which are under development in the laboratory.
• Assisting in the testing and qualifying of production welders.
• Recording and maintaining appropriate data on welding procedures and processes.
• Working with and assisting others in his own or other occupational titles. Passing and maintaining required welding certifications (within welding lab only).
• Performing specialized welding operation of a nonrepetitive nature on production components.
When reclassification to this occupational title is made, it is understood and agreed that:
• Any employee assigned to this occupational title subsequent to the date of this agreement shall serve a sixty (60) day trial period. If the employee's performance is not satisfactory during this period, the employee will be returned to his former job and classification and rate of pay.
• Employees in this occupational title subject to termination for lack of work will be returned to their former occupational title, seniority permitting.
• Management will draw from senior Qualified Pipe and Structural Welders in filling openings which occur in this occupational title.
• In order to be qualified for reclassification, applicants must be fully certified and have substantial experience in automatic and semi-automatic welding.