|Job Ref:||6765||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
The successful candidate will contribute to the operation of welding engineering services with Electric Boat by providing technical guidance and expertise in the field of welding, fabrication, materials, design review and vendor support. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:|
• Assist in the review and disposition of Vendor Welding Procedure Approval Requests and Vendor Information Requests as related to welding.
• Conduct welding vendor audits along with Supplier Quality as necessary.
• Provide technical guidance and expertise on welding related issues, repairs, and maintenance to vendors, shipyard construction, and overhaul activities taking place at various Electric Boat locations.
• Review, administer and ensure shipyard compliance with fabrication, welding, non-destructive testing, and welding consumable specifications, both military and commercial as required.
• Develop and maintain company standards, procedures, best practices, and process improvements in the areas of welding.
• Develop and qualify welding procedures for specific applications by selecting appropriate welding processes, determining optimal welding parameter ranges, and utilizing appropriate qualification tests assemblies.
• Participate in design-build teams to develop designs that are sound from a materials and weldability perspective and are cost-effective in terms of producibility.
• Prepare technical reports as result of testing, research and development, and investigations.
• Conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new structural fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures.
• Evaluate new developments in the welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
• Serve as project lead or technical lead on both in-house and externally funded development and process improvement/cost reduction tasks.
• Interface with Electric Boat Engineering, Operations, Information Technology departments as well as SUPSHIP Groton, NRRO, NR, and NAVSEA as required.