Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||LIM-LE-15-18279||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Ohio||City:||Northwest||Address:||Post Date:||17/10/2016 05:10|
Holds current State of Ohio 3rd Class Stationary Steam Engineer's license. |
• Performs administrative duties.
• Operates soot blowers.
• Reads feed-water meter
• Operates and or is responsible for the operation of boiler feed pumps, hot wall pumps, service pumps, coal scales, stokers, etc.
• Perform minor repairs to equipment in the employee's charge and advise engineer of other repairs which may be necessary.
• U. S. person as defined by ITAR
• Operate Powerhouse compression equipment, including air compressors, pumps, ice machines, heating, refrigeration, air-conditioning equipment, gas boosters and similar equipment in the Powerhouse.
• Start and stop compressors. Observe gauges to determine operating condition of equipment and maintain efficient performance. Clean compressors and blow down receivers. Regulate compressor speed and control valves.
• Assist the boiler operator in charge of high-pressure stationary boilers. Perform work in and around the Powerhouse on boilers and related equipment as directed by the operator in charge. Hand fire or regulate the operation of coal mills and mechanical stoking equipment. Remove ashes from firebox. Regulate flow of gas or oil fuel. Maintain steam pressure and water level. Clean boilers and flues. Make or assist in making minor repairs to equipment.
Must possess state-issued 3rd Class Stationery Engineer's license.
Minimum of 4 years experience.
Must be U. S. person as defined by ITAR
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.