|Job Ref:||2015-07||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Red Lion/York||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 05:09|
CNC Lathe Programmer/Set-Up Operator (Red Lion, PA) |
• We are seeking a CNC Lathe Programmer/Set-Up Operator to work in our Red Lion, PA division. Successful candidates will lay out, fit, and assemble parts to make and repair cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, or machinists' hand tools, analyzing specifications according to knowledge of tool designs, shop mathematics, machining and layout and assembly procedures by performing the following duties.
• Studies blue print to determine machining to be done and plans layout and assembly.
• Measures, marks and scribes metal stock to lay out for machining by other workers.
• Operates drill press to drill and tap holes in parts.
• Smoothes and scrapes parts to fit, using hand tools such as files and scrapers.
• Positions and secures parts on surface plate with devices such as V-Blocks, vises, and angles plates.
• Assembles parts into product, using tools such as wrenches, hammers, and tweezers and verifies dimensions and alignments using measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges and gauge blocks. May set up and operate surface grinder to grind surface of parts.
• May test assembled mechanism
• Will be required to set up, program and run various CNC lathes and milling machines including but not limited to, Hardinge CHNC II, Hardinge Conquest SP, Maho Mill 1000C, Okuma LC30 & LC40 lathes, and other machines as required and assigned.
• Must possess fundamental skills to make offset adjustments, write programs to turn and/or bore diameters, write threading programs, etc.
• Conventional machinery experience skills required pertain to the ability to set up and operate various engine lathes, milling machines, surface grinders and use all peripheral machine shop accessories such as dividing heads, rotary blades and job specific equipment.
• Perform gauge grinding and light assembly
• Accurate documentation of his/her daily work performed by using the tool room work order system.
• Daily use of all standard measuring devices will be required.
• Must be capable of working overtime and weekends on little or no notice
• Other duties as requested.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must have 5 years of current working experience.
• Program and Setup CNC Lathe machines- some have live tooling with minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Competent in programming CNC lathes and CNC lathes with live tooling
• Must be able to work independently to program CNC lathes and CNC Lathes with Live tooling at machine control and using Master Cam.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Blue print reading knowledge
• GD&T Knowledge
• NO RECRUITERS
• If you require assistance or an accommodation for a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please email staffing@NA or call: NA. Please note this contact information is for those requesting a reasonable accommodation while applying for a job, because of a covered disability.
• General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) expressly prohibits discrimination or retaliation against an individual who has a disability and/or who requests a reasonable accommodation. GD-OTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workforce.