Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2015-08||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Red Lion/York||Address:||Post Date:||17/10/2016 05:10|
Set-Up Operator (Red Lion, PA) |
• We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Set-Up Operator to work in our Red Lion, PA division. Successful candidates will set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine metallic and nonmetallic workpieces by performing the following duties.
• Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions.
• Selects, positions, and secures tools in the toolholder (chuck, collet, or toolpost).
• Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
• Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other.
• Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined workpiece to
• Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools
• Operates machines when needed or directed to the required level and standard of a Machine Operator.
• Inspects parts under 10x magnification using Eye Loupes or Microscope Deburrs parts using hand tools.
• Other duties as requested.
• Must have 5 years of current working experience.
• Must have CNC Mill machining experience and the ability to work independently.
• Must be able to pick up Work shift offsets using edge finders and indicators.
• Must be able to set tools using gage blocks
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Blue print reading knowledge
• GD&T Knowledge
• NO RECRUITERS
• If you require assistance or an accommodation for a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please email staffing@NA or call: NA. Please note this contact information is for those requesting a reasonable accommodation while applying for a job, because of a covered disability.
• General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) expressly prohibits discrimination or retaliation against an individual who has a disability and/or who requests a reasonable accommodation. GD-OTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workforce.