|Job Ref:||13-7104||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Quincy||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 05:09|
Coordinates crewing of worldwide, deep-sea vessels with company-contracted agents and contracted seafaring unions.|
1. Works with unions to obtain qualified crew replacements and to clear permanent personnel to return to vessels.
2. Ensures crew members hold valid seamen's documents and training certificates.
3. Coordinates, with travel agent, necessary travel and/or lodging arrangements for seamen traveling to and from vessels.
4. Advises ship husbandry agents, vessel masters and seamen regarding company travel procedures and allowances.
5. Enters, maintains and monitors seagoing employee database in ABS and NS5 in conjunction with vessel Masters.
6. Keeps up to date with seafaring union contracts and work rules in order to settle minor disputes, issues and misunderstandings.
7. Reviews unemployment compensation requests and participates in telephone hearings and
8. Reviews and authorizes
High school or equivalent is required, BS degree is preferred
1. Experience in crewing union contracted U.S. flag vessels desired or related maritime industry experience.
2. Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and Lotus Notes, and familiarity with large employee databases. Familiarity with ABS, NS5 a plus.
3. Ability to perform, both independently or as part of a team, in a fast-paced, demanding
4. Detail oriented with excellent organizational and verbal communication skills.