Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||7965||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||17/10/2016 05:10|
The Test Manager position is a first-level manager role responsible for managing activities and staff responsible for Functional testing, System Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing and Security testing functions. The Test Manager will also coordinate UAT testing as part of the project life cycle and sign off criteria and is accountable for all aspects of testing including test strategy, test planning, test estimation, test case design, test automation, traceability, test execution, defect management and test reporting. The Test Manager assigns personnel to various projects/agile standing teams and manages activities; reviews and evaluates associate work and prepares performance reviews and development plans; confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods; and consults with personnel in the Business and other IT functional domains such as Project Management, Requirements Analysis and Application Development to coordinate activities. Specific responsibilities include:|
• Manages all activities and functions of a staff involved in testing new and/or existing applications in both Waterfall and Agile project frameworks.
• Manages a staff responsible for test planning, test design, test case development, test automation, test data development, test environment development as well as test execution.
• In support of project delivery, leads in the development and implementation of the overall strategic vision and integration of continuous improvement ideas regarding testing capabilities.
• Assists in the development and implementation of testing policies, standards, procedures and methodologies.
• Responsible for vendor management in relation to staff augmentation.
• Manages salary and expense budget for assigned staff.
• Participates in the negotiation of vendor agreements around delivered software products.