|Job Ref:||8217||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 05:08|
The candidate will be part of a high-performing team that fulfills engineering tasks related to initial hardware production, shipboard installation, test, delivery, and at-sea testing of Ship Control components. For delivered submarines, the group provides fleet support to resolve operational problems. The selected candidates responsibilities include:|
• Working with component engineers and technicians to troubleshoot and resolve problems on the deck plates, up to and including initial shipbuilder sea trials.
• Overseeing production testing of components and systems
• Developing troubleshooting procedures and technical documentation to support new construction
• Supporting fleet efforts to integrate updated Combat Weapons Systems into the submarine
• Providing input, as required, to support development of logistics products
• Instructing trade personnel in accordance with strict Fly-By-Wire (FBW) quality requirements and division process directives
• Providing technical input for test form development, as required
Effective communication skills are required to interface with EB Management, Construction Engineering, Test Organizations, Trades, Ship's Management, NAVY customer, and Fleet.
The selected candidate must be able to work in a team environment and support emergent work, as needed. Occasional overtime and travel to US Naval facilities is required.