|Job Ref:||8302||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
The VCS program office is seeking a Program Lead for new design development activities associated with these future Block acquisitions. The VCS program lead will report to J. Biederka, the VCS Program Director for design and engineering. Job assignments and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:|
• Develop a vision, strategy and plan for the future blocks of the VCS program aligned with Electric Boats strategic vision. The future block development will be conducted in close collaboration with the Electric Boat Strategic Planning, Concept Formulation (CONFORM) and Payload Integration groups. The future block development plan will require rigorous technical development closely coupled with the forward looking operational needs of the Navy.
• Ensure that the evolution of the VCS program provides a logical and seamless transition from the VCS to SSN-X programs. This effort includes program integration of Next Generation Propulsion Plant work being conducted by Electric Boat.
• Act as the central point of contact for VCS future block development activities with PMS450 for plan development and corresponding budget quality cost and schedule estimates.
• Work with the Electric Boat government relations team and senior Electric Boat leadership to develop advocacy within the Navy and Congress for the evolution of the VCS program.
• Work with the Navy to develop opportunities for Block V enhancements beyond the initial Block V technical baseline to improve the Block and/or reduce risk for later Block insertion plans.
• In this role the candidate will be responsible for forming and leading a small multi-disciplinary team from areas across the enterprise to accomplish these assignments. This work will be conducted in concert but separate from the ongoing Block V - VPM design execution work.