|Job Ref:||7641||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
The Process Engineering Organization provides mission-critical support to EB leadership and their functional organizations by managing the organization's improvement strategies, scoring and executing improvement initiatives, mentoring and supporting employees in executing improvement, and measuring the impact of an organization's improvement activities. These activities are linked to EB business objectives and support our commitment to the US Navy to design, build and deliver submarines that enable their continued supremacy. |
The selected applicants will be reporting to Marc Macintosh, both Salaried Process Engineer/Black Belt and Hourly MDA Black Belt positions are available and will receive extensive training and certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Change Leadership and Process Management in support of improving Electric Boats business processes. Candidates will be responsible for leading teams on projects to improve safety and quality, reduce cost, and improve schedule performance.
• Assist organizations in identifying, planning, and implementing Process Improvements and Lean Six Sigma Projects and ensure they align with company objectives
• Organize project activities into manageable activities and milestones for team members, and clear problem/object statements, and document on project charters
• Stays focused on priorities, driving projects to completion while hurdling roadblocks or addressing/escalating the impassible ones
• Work with leadership and employees on applying Lean and Six Sigma approaches to help achieve process excellence
• Provide management with scheduled project status updates, solicit feedback, and resolve barriers to achieving success
• Provide mentorship to employees when leading change
• Train other Black Belts in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
Process Improvement Engineer opportunities are sought for the following areas:
• HR&A - Training & Talent Development
• HR&A - Labor Relations & Employee Relations
• CONFORM - Innovative idea generation, and submarine concept formulation
• HR Information System Lead
Applicants must be able to work using strong project management and prioritization skills with minimal supervision, work in a team environment, and be able to complete Black Belt projects including preparing and issuing final reports. Candidates must be capable of combining assertive initiative with professional discipline to accomplish challenging tasks, and work as Change Agents to remove barriers that hinder change. Selected MDA applicants will remain in their current job title.