|Job Ref:||8397||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
• Develops, implements and reviews procedures, policies, facilities and production safety plans for compliance with State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health requirements.
• Analyzes injury and hazard data to develop strategies for continued reduction in risk exposure and accident and injury reduction.
• Administers Electric Boats Safety Management System to ensure compliance with the requirements of OHSAS 18001.
• Ensures health and safety employee training, subcontractors and other guests are administered.
• Enforces compliance with safety and health rules, procedures and regulations.
• Supervises safety and industrial hygiene department staff and manages Safety department resources and budget.
• Prepares and presents safety information to senior management, safety committees, operations and operations support staff.
• Prepares safety and Health performance reports and distributes as required.
• Facilitates accident/incident investigations, Safety inspections, and Safety management system audits.
• Interface with departments across the company, with particular interest on working with the Operations team to improve safety.
• Interface with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
• Provide recommendations to management for the improvement of EBs health and safety programs.