|Job Ref:||8428||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Rhode Island||City:||North Kingstown||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:15|
Welders are required to weld structural assemblies using GMAW and SMAW during fabrication and installation sequence of submarine construction.|
• Welding at Electric Boat is performed on a wide variety of materials, using an ever growing number of welding processes
• Qualification is required for each process, as welders participate in continuous training in new and traditional welding processes using both conventional and state of the art equipment
• Assignments will also include use of various pneumatic tools such as grinders, burr tools, wire brushes, etc.
• Oxy/fuel pre-heat and carbon/arc gouging duties will be performed as well as verifying weld size using weld gauges
• Applicants will be required to read and interpret weld symbols, technique sheets and work packages