|Job Ref:||ANN-LL-16-18631||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:15|
-Function as a strategic business partner to proactively assist our internal customers in meeting their business objectives through effective management of human resources. |
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Support and coach management with respect to key HR processes such as employee relations, performance management, staffing, compensation, benefits, collective bargaining and contract administration, affirmative action and EEO programs, organizational development, and employee learning and development.
• Interpret policies and procedures and provide policy guidance in a consistent manner to managers and employees.
• Interpret the Collective Bargaining Agreement and implement policies, processes and procedures in accordance with the Agreement. Work with local union representatives to resolve issues in a manner that is consistent with Company labor strategy.
• Facilitate the resolution of complex employee concerns including discipline if appropriate. Counsel management on corrective actions ensuring consistency and adherence to company policies.
• Resolve payroll related issues as necessary
• Conduct new-hire orientation as well as exit interviews.
• Ensure compliance with local, state and federal policies, regulations and laws.
• Proactively develop programs to positively affect retention and morale.
• Interact closely/positively with other HR representatives at multiple sites to achieve functional goals and objectives in a team environment.
• Report and analyze various HR Metrics related to HR areas.
• Must have Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related discipline. Master's degree and/or HRCI certification (PHR/SPHR) is a plus.
• Nine (9) to thirteen (13) years of HR Generalist experience is required. Seven (7) to (11) years will be accepted with a Master's Degree. Must have demonstrated proficiency in a wide variety of HR competencies such as training and development, employee and/or labor relations, staffing, performance management, compensation, affirmative action, and others.
• Must be able to conduct salary analysis and make recommendations for new hires, merit, promotions, equity adjustments and other salary transactions.
• Must effectively portray professional, customer service oriented, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work at all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to effectively balance the role of employee advocate and management advisor.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective facilitation, negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Must have experience conducting employee investigations including proper documentation, interviewing witnesses, assessing situation, and providing recommendations with course of action as appropriate.
• Some experience with internal and external recruiting including entry level openings and experienced positions, as well as knowledge of the compensation process including job offer analysis.
• Must have the ability to build strong relationships with union representatives, individual employees and all levels of management, including strong consultative and coaching skills
• Must have excellent analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, follow up on assigned projects and meet deadlines
• Must have excellent business acumen and be innovative and creative when resolving issues.
• High degree of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
• Some travel may be required
• Must be able to relocate
• Ability to obtain/maintain access to Anniston Army Depot
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.