|Job Ref:||8095||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
Supplier Quality Engineers are responsible for managing the quality of purchased material, including raw material, finished parts, and complex machinery. Each engineer is assigned particular commodities and suppliers to manage. Engineers perform varied duties at all stages of procurement, to include:|
• Review of ordering data, supplier capability assessments, process audits, and product inspections.
• Evaluate material defects and quality trends to identify where supplier root cause assessments and corrective actions are required.
• Support NAVSEA review of material certification packages during SUBSAFE and DSS-SOC ship certification audits.
• Develop broad and detailed technical knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices by direct contact with suppliers and products throughout the submarine industrial base.
• Travel to supplier manufacturing facilities is required to perform these duties.
• *This position requires routine travel in the United States and potentially Europe.