|Job Ref:||8505||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||North Quincy||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
The AMSEA Chief of Safety and Training develops, implements, and administers all company shipboard and shoreside safety and training programs. Specific responsibilities include:|
• Prepares safety and training proposals and cost estimates for new contracts.
• Prepares and manages company safety and training plans and budgets.
• Establishes and promotes close working relationships with safety and training counterparts of the Military Sealift Command, MARAD, and affiliated unions.
• Coordinates and scheduled crew training in accordance with industry and customer requirements.
• Maintains AMSEA shipboard libraries and/or pertinent video programs, reference books, and other materials relevant to the safe operation and maintenance of AMSEA vessels.
• Maintains records to verify compliance with contract and company objectives.
• Maintains AMSEA's Safety Manual for use on ships.
• Generates/issues Fleet Safety Bulletins.
• Performs inspections of shipboard safety equipment for compliance and sensibility, providing suggestions for improvement.