|Job Ref:||8474||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
The Captain of Plant Protection is responsible for ensuring the physical security of EB employees, visitors, and facilities. In addition to an armed uniform security force, the Captain will also oversee commuter services, badging/access control, and a team of investigators. |
• Lead and oversee approximately 80 armed guards with four shift lieutenants as direct reports.
• Ensure new hire, basic, advanced, and refresher training programs are effectively developed and administered.
• Implement and modify formal department instructions that serve as written policies for guard force operations.
• Manage the security forces role in special events.
• On a 24/7 basis, oversee proper response and notification during emergency situations.
• Lead and oversee a team responsible for conducting a variety of investigations to include: Employee misconduct; Ethics violations; Mischarging; Malpractice; and Mishandling of classified information.
• Lead and oversee the development, implementation, management, and enforcement of policies related to parking and employee transportation.
• Ensure access to EB facilities is appropriately granted and managed.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at the appropriate levels of EB management, Department of Navy personnel, and local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
• Develop strategies to effectively mitigate threats posed to EB employees, facilities, and technology.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, requirements and policies.
• BA/BS degree in a related field and/or at least ten years professional experience in physical security or law enforcement.
• Experience with the development of policies, procedures, and manpower projections for a law enforcement or security organization.
• Experience with the development of effective threat mitigation strategies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the development and delivery of formal presentations to various levels of management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as proven leadership experience.
• Experience in process improvement and change management.