About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
We are seeking a QA/QC Risk Manager to join our Construction Services Group, working in the San Francisco Airport area. Reporting directly to the Lead or Project Manager, this person will perform responsibilies such as:
• Assist with administration related tasks as directed by Project Manager or lead
• Complete independent assignments requiring an application of professional expertise
• Interact with management, staff, and the team for appropriate coordination, communication, and documentation related to quality in all phases of the project
• Monitor and evaluate the quality of planning, design and construction activities, deliverables, and product accomplished by designers, vendors and contractors to assure the work is in conformance with the contract documents and industry standards
• Conduct periodic internal audits of team to evaluate conformance to established procedures, and to evaluate the effectiveness of those procedures.
• Review work with architects and their quality process through all design phases and provide assistance to improve the process
• Coordinate review comments and packages and follow up to completion
• Produce and develop procedures for all aspects of activates for team, and administrative standard operating procedures
• As directed, develop and conduct seminars and other educational programs designed to prevent errors or other deficiencies in the construction and management of the projects
• Assist, as necessary, design, construction and other departments in the evaluation and correction of specific quality control problems and issues
• Monitor and assure that constructability, bid ability, maintainability, and value engineering are incorporated into the project during all phases of design and construction
• Audit and assess those procedures used to define and implement the basic functions of the organization to assure that they remain effective and that they continue to meet the needs of the client and of the organization
• Conduct risk workshops to develop risk register and identify risk areas for the team
• Develop and maintain risk register and risk assessments of the project activities
• Maintain and conduct risk reviews throughout the project at each phase
• Conduct periodic management assessments to evaluate the quality of the team
• Define and monitor inspection and testing activities to assure that these follow the quality standards established for the overall project.
• Assure that sufficient acceptable documentation is being recorded, maintained, distributed, and retained
• Participate in regular training and professional development
• Fulfill other duties as may be required by the project manager
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required.
• Ten (10) years of general work experience within an administrative support environment, including architectural or construction management experience along with experience relevant to QA/QC Risk Management
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field
• Experience with presentations, meeting organizations, MS Excel, MS Word, Access database,and other typical office software
• Strong detail orientation
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be a proven self-starter
• Considering local candidates only.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation