Where can you build for a better society?|
Our civil engineering business is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager to join the team. This senior role will be responsible for leading and develop ingthe project procurement function, including the development of the project procurement strategy, to successfully procure the relevant trade contract packages, goods and services, to meet the needs of the project.
We're looking for:
- Review specific opportunities with Supply Chain Manager to gain understanding of the client’s needs, methodology, opportunities and risks
- Assist in developing, monitoring and maintenance of a robust procurement strategy
- Establish suitable early supply chain for bid support, encouraging innovation and collaboration
- Use project/buying information to assist with the review of sub-contractor’s quotations.
- Understanding the impact of our packaging strategy and how risks are allocated and what our supply chain has included.
- Suitable challenge of sub-contract/supplier pricing at tender stage.
- Attend key subcontractor/supplier negotiations to improve relations with our supply chain at tender stage through to project commencement, creating continuity between the subcontractor and Skanska’s pre-con and project teams
Our civil engineering team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, the Thames Water AMP6 programme and the M25 widening.
- Member of professional body
- Extensive experience of procurement processes
- Extensive knowledge of multi sector construction supply chains (UK and Global)
- Excellent knowledge of market prices and trends
- Working knowledge of main contract T’s & C’s
- Ability to negotiate competitively and effectively
- Project site experience desirable (in relevant role)
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.