We are seeking a Senior Planner with extensive experience in the detailed planning of large complex rail infrastructure projects. The role requires a strong technical background in the rail industry.|
The successful applicant will be the Project Controls Lead providing comprehensive Project Controls to the project teams and to the client. As the Senior Project Planner, you will report into the Project Controls Manager, with accountability to the Project Manager.
- A detailed understanding of Rail technologies, including but not limited to: Signalling, Track (P-Way), Structures (tunnels, bridges, earthworks, embankments, buildings, structures, gantries, access platforms etc), Electrification & Plant and Telecoms.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary design
- Must have an excellent understanding for how projects are designed, procured, constructed and commissioned.
- Experience of managing interfaces with other railway engineering disciplines.
- An expert user of Primavera P6
- This role requires the Planner to carry out their Project Control duties with limited supervision, and work under their own initiative in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes. However, the successful candidate must have previous experience of managing planners, allocating tasks, checking achievements and providing constructive feedback, leadership and management..
- Experience of various forms of contract, including NEC.
- Experience of Schedule Risk and Cost analysis
- Experience of Claims
- Experience of working with company Enterprise systems.
- Prepares project resource histograms, performance analysis data and CPI/SPI information.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, Earned Value Management, data analysis, trend analysis and Work Package Management.
- Experience of working on large projects up to £50m
- Experienced Engineering Professional with a qualification in Mechanical/Civil Engineering preferred
- Member of the APM preferred
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the Projects programme and Project Controls.
- Represent Project Controls, attend and lead client progress meetings.
- Responsible for the completion of projects to time and cost
- Provide regular supervision to junior members of the team as required
- Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management
- Building relationships with limited set of common clients and maintaining regular client contact.
- Have a good understanding of Rail technologies and markets
- Provision of project performance data, project schedules and reports in a concise and timely manner as required by the projects teams.
- Successful in identifying any project deviations and slippages, reports and communicates issues to senior members of the team.
- Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
- You will deliver the Period Programme Update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.