Job title Project Controls Manager Job purpose|
Lead the evaluation of project time, cost and quality targets for the project, and lead the communication and monitoring of project governance controls.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Lead the establishment of Contractor Requirements through early supply chain engagement to support the time, cost and quality targets for the programme of works and monthly business reporting.
- Work closely with the Head of Project Controls to improve/sustain operating policies to mitigate risk throughout the project, and take a lead in the monitoring of risk policy adherence.
- Support the Head of Project Controls by providing specialist advice and technical knowledge to respond to project delays, issues and other challenges throughout the project.
- Lead periodic correlation of schedule, cost, quality and risk to drive expedient programme delivery.
- Lead Business Reporting taking ownership for its quality and robustness. Provide periodic project progress updates to the Head of Project Controls and other stakeholders where required
- Sustain governance processes and review policies in order to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives. Communicate and engage with project teams to drive governance to the lowest levels within the organisation.
- Lead a team by setting individual objectives, reviewing performance/appraisals and providing on-going feedback on a formal & informal basis so that all staff are aware of what they are required to achieve and how they are performing against their objectives.
- Strong track record of achievement in a Project Management or Project Control role in large, complex infrastructure projects, preferably with a formal project management qualification
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders and information flow in a matrix environment, and a willingness to work across business areas and provide specialist advice where needed
- Strong attention to detail at all times, and excellent problem solving abilities.