At BHP Billiton, our people lead the way. We are BHP Billiton. Our 100-year Potash strategy in Saskatchewan will allow us to keep pace with the growing demands of the world. This is a career opportunity of a lifetime.
BHP Billiton is committed to be an organization which fosters an environment where people can be themselves, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions at work and in the communities. This will be achieved by recognizing, embracing, and leveraging individual differences. In support of this, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and therefore where candidate's applicable skills and experiences are relatively equal, preference for hiring may be given to Aboriginal candidates and/or Women in a non-traditional role.
An outstanding opportunity exists for an enthusiastic professional to become part of our team based in our Saskatoon office. This role will leads in the development of processes and procedures relating to the development and monitoring of plans and schedules, baselines, activity completion, identification of trends and corrective/preventative actions to influence on-time delivery of the project's objectives.
- Develops and implements planning and scheduling standards, associated methodologies, strategies and systems for a project.
- Monitors the development of the planning and scheduling deliverables in conjunction with the functional manager.
- Analyze, reviews, verifies the progress of activities, identify schedule overruns, and suggest mitigation actions that can be taken.
- Manage the overall integration of the project schedule collaborating with the Line Management team.
- Manages the schedule range model for schedule range/risk analysis and conducts ranging workshops, including review of range results and issue schedule range/risk reports.
- Monitors compliance of contractor schedules and reports with corporate and business guidelines and consistency with the overall planning and scheduling methodology.
- Monitors implementation of standard sequencing of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and operational readiness activities on a project.
- Coaches and mentors team members to ensure delivery against performance targets.
- Provides planning and scheduling input to value improvement practices.
- Uses established scheduling best practices and standard systems and tools in the development and maintenance of baseline and current schedules.
- Provides support to program level integration of plans.
- Identifies and implements improvement initiatives, including programmatic opportunities for increased capital efficiency and productivity in the sub-function.
- Collaborates with Schedulers and other relevant functions and sub-functions, so that the schedule is adequately developed and resource loaded.
- Works with Program/functional leads and support program level initiatives and integration of plans at a program level.
- Manage and administer planning systems of BHPB (Primavera P6, Acumen, Pertmaster)
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years' experience in a project environment (mining, power, oil & gas, construction)
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles, skills and tools
- Good knowledge of heavy industry processes, engineering, and construction practices
- Good knowledge of project planning software (Primavera P6, MS Project, Acumen, Pertmaster, Kidasa Milestone)
- Experience in toll gate process requirements, assurances
- Mining industry experience preferred
- Degree or diploma in engineering or other relevant field
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred or Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) designation
While we appreciate all interest in BHP Billiton Canada Inc. and our Jansen Project, preference will be given to qualified local and domestic applicants as local conditions apply for this role.