Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||786768||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:05|
Sub-function: Enterprise Systems
Reports to: Embedment and User Experience Lead
Location: Houston, Texas
Key Internal Relationships:
Team leads of Collaboration Platform Systems
Specialist of Collaboration Platform Systems
Specialist Infrastructure Operations
Specialist Security, Risk and Compliance
Infrastructure & Operations
BHPB outside Technology:
All Assets and Functions (through business partners)
Key External Relationships:
Peer organizations, for peer learning and benchmarking
Peers in resources sector
Industry bodies and professional organisations
OEM solution providers
Outsourced Service Providers and Vendors
• Define the UX standard for effective architecture, implementation, continuous improvement and support of integrated solutions as per current and future business needs
• Work to formulate and improve UX principles and procedures for execution as per business requirements and best industry practices
• Understands priorities and business impacts and translates these to requirements that adheres to UX framework requirements
• Define and design the User Experience Architectures for BHP Billiton.
Governance and Risk Management
• Monitor any deviation from established UX standards, timelines and requirements and ensure development as per required UX design change requirements are adhered to.
• Drive definition of UX standard for effective development and deployment of solutions as per current and future business needs creating a better End User Experience.
• Review and verify the software implementation meets the UX specifications.
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to agree on frameworks for development and deployment of systems (including any requested changes, the risk involved and its effect on overall operations) based on the UX framework
• Implement User Centered Design into all aspects of the development life cycle
• Assess usability problems caused by implementation errors or IT customization often in conjunction with consulting domain experts.
• Identify functional gaps between the product and the user's expectations based on observational data during product development lifecycle.
• Accountable for the creation of user interface prototypes in the appropriate fidelity for complex product modules with a deterministic user flow (success paths are known in advance).
• Creation of high fidelity prototypes of sufficient completeness that they can be used or usability testing (walk through methods)
• This role is responsible for designing and conducting both user-focused product design research and usability tests for technology applications, websites and other digital experiences across various platforms including desktop, mobile and tablet.
• Design, lead, and review focus groups, A/B testing, and usability testing
Relationship management and engagement
• Use facilitative leadership skills to design and implement the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
• The User Experience (UX) Specialist will partner with business and technology teams to create effective, usable and satisfying user experiences within Technology applications
• Be the voice of our customers and relentlessly strive to understand user needs
• Support the development team during the software development process.
Functional and Technical Capabilities:
• Ability to manage a large number of inputs and effectively prioritise high value‐added / high risk issues for attention
• Expertise in vendor management for the purposes of development and deployment of UX framework designs into solutions being developed
• Ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that is easier for other stakeholders to understand and make business decisions
• Practical knowledge of implementation and management of UX framework implementations and change delivery
• In-depth knowledge of tools and applications that are used to support UX frameworks
• In-depth knowledge of platform solutions, business operations and processes used within BHP Billiton Technology Systems environment.
• Experience defining native mobile app workflow and UX patterns for iOS and Android
• Proficient with common UX principles and language including user-centered design, patterns, and design thinking
• Experience with A/B testing, web analytics, and analytics platforms
• Strong creative, conceptual, and strategic-thinking skills
• Experienced in user-centered design - hands on from initial wireframe and prototyping to delivering final assets
• Rapid delivery of both low and hi-fidelity mock ups and interactive prototypes with pixel-level detail
Leadership & behavioral capabilities:
• Engage team members: Engages with each team member in collaboration platforms, solicits feedback from them on accountable activities and accurately restates the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
• Lead change: Ability to drive change, continuously improve and provide the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers
• Result orientation: Demonstrated ability to implement practical, actionable plans that are coherent and understood by all stakeholders within the Data Management platforms environment
• Decision making: Ability to make quality and timely decisions using available information and sound judgement
• Relationship building: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
• Very strong communication and persuasion skills, able to work with all levels of staff and management
• Commits to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development, as well as BHP Billiton's Charter and Code of Conduct
• Relevant Business or IT Tertiary degree is essential
• Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is desirable
• Professional training in Collaboration Tools and applications (e.g. SharePoint, MS Office, Workflow application) is desireable
• 5 years relevant experience, with at least 1 at a management level
• Exposure to working in global environment, including geographically dispersed businesses, communication across variety of audiences, etc.
• Experience in Collaboration environment (Minerals and/or Oil and Gas) and understands the nature of opportunities and issues faced by operations will be advantageous.
• Demonstrable drive for results
• Experience in Collaboration tools development, and deployment within an Global business environment essential.
• Project Management skills are essential.
• Strong knowledge of Collaboration measurement processes, procedures and methodologies, and the ability to communicate the results
• Fluent English, both verbal and written
• Fluent Spanish, both verbal and written is preferred